Bluehost Review 2022 :
I have known Bluehost since 2009. At the time my client hosted a website I redesigned for them at Bluehost after their new website went live. For the next two years, I managed a hosting account for them.
For the next 8 years, I worked for another Bluehost client, optimizing for speed. hack to clean up software installations, etc. I also live near a 50,000 sq. ft. data center and know their operations very well from local IT discussions.
I also live very close to their 50,000 square foot data center. And very familiar with the chat operation of their local computer store.
In this review, I will use the information collected to conduct our own testing. Just like my experience managing Bluehost accounts for other website owners.
Bluehost makes it easy to create new websites. Because there is a free domain name for the first year. Plus a free website builder and one-click WordPress installation.
All plans come with 24/7 support, a free SSL certificate, and unlimited data. Want a little more money per month? You get unlimited file storage. Free backup and extra security
According to our benchmarks, the performance is excellent:
Response time: 952 ms.
WordPress processing time: 337 ms.
Three main considerations
Speed and reliability
Most website owners lose money if their site goes down or someone leaves their site due to slow performance. At the very least the host should be able to provide 99.95% uptime and load web pages in seconds.
We run Bluehost speed and reliability tests monthly using a simple WordPress site as a test beacon. Here is a link to the site:
So far, Bluehost has managed to exceed our uptime and speed expectations. They also played better than most games. Below is a breakdown of your monthly performance.
- July 2019 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 883 ms
- Aug 2019 average uptime: 99.93% average load speed: 985 ms
- Sep 2019 average uptime: 99.81% average load speed: 949 ms
- Oct 2019 average uptime: 99.82% average load speed: 1,047 ms
- Nov 2019 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 932 ms
- Dec 2019 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 924 ms
- Jan 2020 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 806 ms
- Feb 2020 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 936 ms
- Mar 2020 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 938
- Apr 2020 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 890 ms
- May 2020 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 937 ms
- June 2020 average uptime: 99.73% average load speed: 1,120 ms
- Aug 2020 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 1,197 ms
- Sep 2020 average uptime: 99.97% average load speed: 3,116 ms
- Oct 2020 average uptime: 99.97% average load speed: 3,116 ms
- Nov 2020 average uptime: 99.88% average load speed: 1,772 ms
- Dec 2020 average uptime: 99.92% average load speed: 1,350 ms
- Jan 2021 average uptime: 99.98% average load speed: 1,267 ms
- Feb 2021 average uptime: 99.94% average load speed: 1,289 ms
- Mar 2021 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 1,336 ms
- Apr 2021 average uptime: 99.95% average load speed: 1,401 ms
- May 2021 average uptime: 99.93% average load speed: 1,421 ms
- June 2021 average uptime: 99.94% average load speed: 1,254 ms
July 2019 Thru June 2022
|Average Page Speed||1,216 ms|
|Average Render Time||1209 ms|
|Average Security Threats||14 threats|
|Support||24/7 Live Chat – Phone – Email|
|Apps||WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and some website builders|
|Features||Unmetered bandwidth and storage, email accounts, free domain 1st year|
|Plans||Shared, Cloud, VPS and Dedicated Servers|
|Pricing||Starting at $2.75/mo (renews at $7.95/mo)|
I like the variety of options Bluehost has for getting help. Their online knowledge base is very detailed and easy to use. Contact a support representative You can use chat, toll-free numbers, or open a support ticket.
For me, the quickest way to measure the quality of support is by chatting with your representative. And to ask a simple question what most data center operators should know:
“Which version of RHEL or CentOS is my site running?”
It’s an Operating System Almost all web hosting companies use Linux, whether it’s Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or CentOS. You can understand how a data center works by knowing the version of the data center and what the employees know about it.
Here is a screenshot of my support chat:
Generally speaking, chat sessions are very fast. He contacted representative Melrin Akash in less than a minute. He is happy to see that he has verified his account. And this process takes about a minute. All interactions, including follow-up questions, should take approximately 10 minutes.
The staff quickly told me that the server running my website was CentOS 6. If this is my only problem. The chat will end in 3 minutes.
The agent couldn’t understand my follow-up question. But overall, the experience was positive. He does a good job on maybe not many issues. My experience with overseas top support was much worse.
The agent was curious. Reply me quickly give me the correct information and make sure I have everything I need before signing a contract. The chat software is very easy to use, with only one flaw.
Bluehost is one of the cheapest web hosting companies. For starters, the basic single-site plan is only $3.95 per month. Upgrade to a higher plan with more features and unlimited websites for $13.95 per month.
That’s a lot considering uptime/speed. Features included in the plan Free and easy-to-use management tools and your history
Remember, these are monthly prices if you buy 3 years in advance. If you buy 12 months in advance, the price will be slightly higher. Unfortunately, you don’t have the opportunity to pay monthly. i feel unfortunate
Note that these prices are introductory prices for promotions and come with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all purchases.
Here’s a copy of my receipt for the Bluehost Basic 12-month plan:
Available Plans, Pricing, and Details
Bluehost’s basic plan starts at $3.95 per month, which is a great plan for beginners. It comes with everything you need to host a single website.
Plus Plan and Choice Plus Plan
The Plus and Choice Plus plans start at $5.45 per month, and they offer the possibility to host an unlimited number of websites. These plans are great for multisite website owners with good monthly traffic.
The Choice Plus plan offers useful features that the Plus plan doesn’t have, such as domain privacy. Website backup and CodeGuard security. Note that while the starting price is the same, the Choice Plus plan will cost more if you subscribe after the first year.
Pro plans start at $13.95 per month. It has the same features as the Plus and Choice Plus plans, allowing you to run unlimited websites. The main benefit of this plan is that your website will run on your high-performance server hardware.
Compare Package Features
- Included domains: Yes, free for the first year, then renews for $15.99 per year.
- The installation process is simple – fill out a simple two-page registration form. This form will give you the option to install WordPress at the same time.
- Admin Panel Experience: The control panel is very clean and easy to use. Site administration using cPanel.
- Third-Party App Support – One-click integration with Mojo Marketplace for installing popular scripts like WordPress, Weebly, Joomla, Drupal, OpenCart, and more.
- Plugins – Extend the functionality of your website with plugins like CodeGuard, SiteLock, Bluehost SEO Tools, Office 365, G-Suite, Google Ads, Constant Contact, and SpamExperts.
- Server Information: Linux CentOS 6, PHP 7, MySQL 5.6, PostgreSQL 10
- Payment Methods: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex and PayPal.
- Fees and Concerns: Domain names are non-refundable. Domain and hosting renewal fees are increasing.
- Add-on sales: Some add-on sales. But this is normal in the web hosting industry. so don’t worry
If you need more features, Bluehost also offers other types of web hosting such as VPS, cloud and dedicated data center services.
Do we recommend Bluehost?
Yes, we recommend Bluehost as a hosting provider. Especially for beginners who have never hosted their own website before.
In all of our reports, Bluehost consistently came out on top for speed and uptime.
It also has a great admin panel to manage your account and website. Their safety and support are punctual and reliable. We love the money-back guarantee and the lowest prices.
However, there are some things we don’t like that should be considered. They charge for site migration which is annoying.
Most of the other hosting companies offer it for free. You think they will do the same for new clients.
Please note that this price is an introductory fee only. Price increases after renewal The best way to maximize referral rates is to have a three-year plan. But that makes it more expensive in the first place.
While there are some downsides, it offers a great experience and great value.