SiteGround Review 2022 :
SiteGround was founded in 2004 by friends at Sofia University. Bulgaria Over 2,000,000 domains in 5 data centers in the US, Netherlands, UK and Singapore.
Although they’ve been around for almost 15 years, they were largely unknown until 2015 when they partnered with Joomla to develop a free hosted website solution.
Then they are driven to the time of market acceptance. WordPress.org is designated as the recommended hosting provider.
I am excited to open an account with them for this review. I’ve never hosted a website with them before and I wanted to see for myself what it was.
SiteGround develops its own speed optimization software. Their custom WordPress performance plugins and servers are all running on SSD drives, and I wanted to see what that all meant in the real world.
I am very impressed so far. According to our review of custom test beacons, the performance is excellent:
Uptime – 99.98%
Response Time – 993 ms
WordPress Render Time – 91 milliseconds
Three main considerations
speed and reliability
Nobody wants their website to be slow or slow. In many cases, you have less than a second to beat a new visitor.
Every company providing technology solutions should strive for 99.95% availability. The web server should load the page in less than a second. You should be able to track load times in milliseconds.
We continuously monitor SiteGround availability and page load speed. We then publish our test results every month. We created a simple WordPress site as a test tab.
Since we started testing, SiteGround has consistently exceeded expectations in terms of uptime and page load speed. They also played better than most games.
Here’s his performance by month:
- July 2019 average uptime: 100% average load speed: 726 ms
- Aug 2019 average uptime: 100% average load speed: 819 ms
- Sep 2019 average uptime: 99.88% average load speed: 1,041 ms
- Oct 2019 average uptime: 99.98% average load speed: 695 ms
- Nov 2019 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 740 ms
- Dec 2019 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 879 ms
- Jan 2020 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 1,210 ms
- Feb 2020 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 912 ms
- Mar 2020 average uptime: 99.92% average load speed: 1,276 ms
- Apr 2020 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 1,293 ms
- May 2020 average uptime: 99.97% average load speed: 1,327 ms
- June 2020 average uptime: 99.95% average load speed: 999 ms
- July 2020 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 1,043 ms
- Aug 2020 average uptime: 99.96% average load speed: 1,098 ms
- Sep 2020 average uptime: 99.97% average load speed: 1,568 ms
- Oct 2020 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 1,451 ms
- Nov 2020 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 1,404 ms
- Dec 2020 average uptime: 100.00% average load speed: 1,640 ms
- Jan 2021 average uptime: 99.92% average load speed: 1,078 ms
- Feb 2021 average uptime: 100% average load speed: 931 ms
- Mar 2021 average uptime: 100% average load speed: 366 ms
- Apr 2021 average uptime: 99.98% average load speed: 993 ms
- May 2021 average uptime: 99.97% average load speed: 437 ms
- June 2021 average uptime: 99.99% average load speed: 436 ms
July 2019 Thru June 2022
|Average Page Speed||993 ms|
|Average Render Time||116 ms|
|Average Uptime||99.98% 60 minutes over 6 outages|
|Average Security Threats||2 attempts|
|Support||Tickets 24/7 – Live Chat 24/7 – Phone 24/7|
|Apps||Supports more than 500 applications|
|Features||Unmetered bandwidth, SSD storage, free CDN, free backups|
|Plans||Shared, WordPress, Cloud, Reseller, Enterprise and Dedicated Servers|
|Transfer||Free on GrowBig and GoGeek plans|
|Pricing||Starting at $3.95/mo (renews at $11.95/mo)|
Quality of Support
SiteGround has easy access to support. You can contact a representative 24/7 via phone, live chat or email/ticket support. Another thing to mention is self-service.
The online knowledge base is powered by its own AI engine, and searches yield incredibly accurate results:
The knowledge base is also a good starting point for providing needed information in many common situations. Soon you can tell that they think a lot about customer experience:
I have a test that measures the quality of support from a hosting company. I just started chatting with their support rep and asking some simple questions. Here’s what every data center operator should know during hot times:
“What version of RHEL or CentOS is my site running?”
They shouldn’t be hard to figure out. Or quickly find out what OS they’re using.
Almost all web hosts use Linux, whether it is Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or CentOS. You can learn more about how data centers work by knowing what version they are using and how they know it.
Staying current is essential for safety and effectiveness. More technology providers will keep abreast of news. The more you manage, the better.
Here is a screenshot of my support chat:
I’m excited about the sponsorship experience. SiteGround Support Chat connects to Gabe in 5-10 seconds. Amazingly, he answered my question accurately in less than a minute. (The worst conversations of all of our tests lasted over 40 minutes, and they still went unanswered.)
Clearly, Gabe should have the answer in mind. I was able to include follow-up questions. In less than 5 minutes, it was just a great performance and over the top of the game.
The chat software works flawlessly and I like the way the support rep is portrayed. Or at least what they want you to think about Gabe’s existence. I also like the duration counter.
The only thing I think needs improvement is not much account verification. unless I log in. Plus, he’s very supportive.
SiteGround is an affordable web host. Their basic plan offers an introductory deal of $3.95 per month, and you need to purchase 12 months of hosting when you sign up.
The basic package includes hosting of a single website. 10 GB of storage and enough performance for about 10,000 accesses. Their plans come with unlimited data transfer.
Like almost all web hosting companies. The price advertised on the website is an introductory offer for new accounts. The regular price for the basic plan after renewal is $11.95/month or $143.40/year.
Here is a copy of my SiteGround receipt from my first purchase. I received your 12 month basic package:
Available Plans, Pricing, and Details
This is the shared hosting basic package from SiteGround. Starter plans start at $3.95/month. This plan is designed for beginners who are just starting out with their first website.
SiteGround’s next tier plan is the GrowBig plan. The introductory price is $5.95. With this plan, you can host unlimited domains and websites. And also get nearly twice the storage and performance of the Starter plan.
The GrowBig plan provides 20 GB of storage and performance for approximately 25,000 website visits. This program is great for growing and trending websites.
The GoGeek plan is the highest, with an introductory deal of $11.95 per month. It has everything in the GrowBig plan, plus 30 GB of website storage and performance for around 100,000 web visits.
Plan Feature Comparison
- Domain Included: No, domain names are not included in any SiteGround hosting plans. It can be purchased a la carte for $15.95 per year.
- The installation process is simple – just fill out a simple two-step registration form. This form will help you register your domain name with them if needed.
- Admin Panel Experience: The control panel for managing your account is very simple. Accounts use cPanel for site administration.
- Third-Party Application Support: One-click integration with Softaculous and PrestaShop for easy installation of popular scripts like WordPress, Weebly, Joomla, Drupal, OpenCart, and more.
- Server Information: Linux CentOS 6, PHP 5 or 7, MySQL 5.6, PostgreSQL 10
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Fees and Concerns: Domain names are non-refundable. Domain and hosting renewal fees are increasing.
- Add-on sales: Some add-on sales. But this is normal in the web hosting industry. so don’t worry
If you need more features, Bluehost also offers other types of web hosting such as VPS, cloud and dedicated data center services.
Do we recommend SiteGround?
Yes, we definitely recommend SiteGround. SiteGround hosting is fast and innovative. Your uptime is very high and your website should be online most of the time. guaranteed
They do a lot of advanced work to give your ground site uptime and speed. Beginners may need some time to familiarize themselves with the hosting infrastructure to ensure they take full advantage of these features. they paid
We recommend that you register for the longest time you can afford. Their renewal rates are some of the highest we’ve ever seen.