What Is E-Commerce You will get to read its advantages, its disadvantages and all the necessary information related to it in this article.
Friends, the meaning of the word E-commerce is from Electronic Commerce i.e. Internet Commerce. Whatever goods or services we buy or sell through the Internet, it is called e-commerce.
Today is the time of the Internet, so most of the people prefer to shop online, whether they want to buy a mobile phone of Rs 10000, or a phone charger of Rs 150, the buyer wants that he can easily get the lowest price sitting at home. So that the goods of his need should be available.
Also, if you get some online offers, then even better, then let’s understand a little deeply what is e-commerce.
What is e-commerce?
As you have read e-commerce means Internet commerce, that is, any business transaction that has been done online.
When a buyer takes a goods or service through the Internet, and deals with the online business of money or data related to it, it comes under e-commerce.
There are many e-commerce platforms on the Internet, which are used for online shopping.
Types of E-Commerce
There are mainly four types of e-commerce, which refer to any online sale or transaction between buyer and seller.
1.Business To Consumer (B2C
When any goods or services are sold by a business directly to a consumer through online medium, it is called (B2C E-commerce).
Example:- Like you buy your watch, phone, shirt etc from any online store.
2.Business To Business (B2B)
When any goods or services are sold online from one merchant to another, it is called (B2B E-commerce).
Example: – For example, software is sold by one business for the use of another business, or services related to it are provided.
3.Consumer To Consumer (C2C)
When any goods are sold by one consumer to another consumer, it is called (C2C E-commerce).
Example:- For example, old sofa or any old machine of the house is sold by one consumer to another consumer through online medium.
4.Consumer To Business (C2B)
When a consumer sells his services or goods to a business, it is called (C2B E-commerce).
Example: – When a consumer gives value to a business by writing something or by his photography skills, through which the business is advertised.
Advantages and disadvantages of e-commerce
As this era of online shopping is going on, and most of the internet consumers are using online shopping i.e. e-commerce, then it becomes necessary to know about its advantages and disadvantages as well. So let’s understand, what are the advantages and disadvantages of ecommerce.
Some advantages of ecommerce from business point of view.
- Can be started in low cost :- Opening an online store is much cheaper than opening any showroom, in which a lot of money can be saved. A showroom or a retail store may have to take up a very large space, due to which its rent also increases, as well as money is spent on staff and security. On the other hand, if we talk about opening an online store, then all these expenses can be reduced.
2. There is no time restriction: – Another advantage of e-commerce is that there is no time limit for selling goods, that is, a customer can buy goods from your store even at 4 in the morning, and even at 12 in the night. So, there is no time constraint in this, and maximum profit can be earned.
3. Unlimited scope of selling goods: – There is no limited scope of selling goods, like in your area or in your city but your goods can be sold anywhere in the world through online medium.
Some advantages of e-commerce from the point of view of the consumer.
- Opportunity to choose the desired goods or services: – With E-commerce, a consumer gets many options to buy the goods or services of his choice, in which its variety and scope is unlimited. That is, sitting at one place, there is a chance to compare the goods taken from many other platforms.
2. Convenience:- The consumer has the convenience of shopping, even if you are traveling somewhere, or cannot go out due to bad weather, you do not need to worry, because shopping from home through E-commerce option is available.
3. Time Saving:- E-commerce saves a lot of time, you get rid of the hassle of going out and going to different shops and choosing goods.
Some disadvantages of e-commerce from business point of view
- Work stops when website crashes: – All work in e-commerce is website based. If for some reason it crashes, then all the work stops, then it can cause a lot of damage.
2. Competition is very high: – Competition always remains with other such online stores on the Internet, and in such a situation, one has to constantly work on promotion, so that customers are not attracted to other online platforms.
3. What can not be tried before shopping: – If we talk about a showroom or shop where we can touch and see the goods, but this cannot be done before shopping in E-commerce, due to which doubt remains in the mind. .
Main Platforms of E-Commerce in India
Jabong, Myntra, Shopclues, Paytm, Shopify etc.
Start of E-Commerce in India
If we talk about the beginning of e-commerce in India, then it was started by IRCTC in the year 2002, in which IRCTC had taken out an online portal, from which, from buying tickets for rail travel to other important information related to rail, passengers would be provided. with the aim of reducing the burden on ticket booking personnel.
After this, seeing the same model of IRCTC, in 2003, Air Deccan and Indian Airlines also started online ticketing facility, which could directly connect with their passengers without any agent commission.
Future of Ecommerce in India
Talking briefly about the future of e-commerce in India, we believe that there will be a steady growth in such online forums in this area, such as India’s market is considered to be the largest in the world and the eyes of the world’s big companies are Indian. lives on the market.
If seen, for the last many years, some big foreign companies like Amazon, Wallmart etc. are providing their facilities in India too, and if we talk about Indian e-commerce companies, then Flipkart started in the year 2007, after which continuously such companies have grown.
We also have to admit that the facility of e-commerce delivery is limited to most of the big cities, that is, it is still not accessible to small places, and in the coming time, the way the internet will spread to every corner of India. By the way, companies will also increase their scope, which shows a good future for the e-commerce sector.
Friends, you have read what is E-commerce, types of E-commerce and all the important information related to it that you should know. We believe that the future of e-commerce in India is very bright right now, and it will continue to grow.
People have new opportunities to join this field, whether it is talking about selling any of their products through this or creating a new e-commerce platform. If you are interested in this field, and want to do something new, then you can make your future in this.
If the information given in this post is of some use to you, then share it with others. Thank you.